My days are pretty full, so my husband and I often find ourselves throwing together a meal with things that we always have in the house. I call these our staples. This meal is a perfect example. We just picked a few things from the freezer, the fridge and the pantry, heated them up on the stove, added some spices and voila – a quick, easy, yummy meal.
I know that most of you also have crazy days, so I wanted to share this recipe with you. I often hear the complaint that “I don’t have enough time to cook a healthy meal,” but this will show you that it is possible.
A stir-fry is the perfect meal for this because you can add whatever veggie you have in the fridge or freezer and it will taste different every time.
For this particular meal, we used ingredients from Trader Joe’s (TJ).
- TJ Spicy Jalapeno Chicken Sausage (I love these because I am allergic to pork and these are the ONLY sausages without a pork casing)
- TJ Julienne Sliced Sun Dried Tomatoes in olive oil, drained and washed
- TJ Organic Super Sweet Cut Corn – frozen (remember that corn must be ORGANIC or it is genetically modified)
- TJ Organic Peas – frozen
- TJ Baby Spinach
- 1 package Trader Joe's Jalapeno Chicken Sausages, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 jar Trader Joe's Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil, drained and washed
- 3/4 cup Trader Joe's Frozen Organic Sweet Corn
- 1 cup Trader Joe's Frozen Organic Peas
- 1 bag Trader Joe's Organic Baby Spinach
- 1 T Trader Joe's Olive Oil
- Sea salt and ground fresh black pepper
- Fresh parsley leaves (from my garden) - optional
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add sausages and stir until slightly golden.
- Add sun dried tomatoes, peas and corn and cover for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach, sea salt and pepper and stir until spinach becomes wilted.
- Serve and enjoy.
Comment below with your favorite quick and healthy meal!