This is the perfect summer salad!
I had a salad similar to this at California Pizza Kitchen and fell in love with it. So, I decided to create my own version.
Served cold, it has a crispness from the greens, a nice crunch from the asparagus, some salt from the almonds, a touch of citrus in the dressing and a punch from the sun-dried tomatoes.
- 5-7 spears asparagus, bend until each snaps easily
- 1 C arugula
- 10 pieces sun-dried tomatoes, drained and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 T Marcona almonds, cut in half
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 oz lemon juice
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Thinly shaved Parmesan cheese
- To blanch asparagus, add to a pan of boiling water.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until bright green.
- Run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Mix the lemon, oil, sea salt and pepper to make a vinaigrette.
- Cut the cooled asparagus into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss the arugula, sun-dried tomatoes, asparagus, almonds and Parmesan cheese with the dressing.