This salad is a hit at every party – especially the dressing. I just doubled the recipe for a pot luck serving 13 people. Every little piece was completely gone. This is a recipe based from True Food Kitchen’s chopped chicken salad. Oftentimes, I leave out the quinoa if I don’t have any ready or just don’t have time to cook it. It will still be amazingly delicious!
This was inspired by the chicken chopped salad from True Food Kitchen in Santa Monica. My husband and I fell in love with it and came up with this version.
- 1 bag of baby lettuce, chopped
- 1 ½ grilled chicken breasts, cooked & cubed
- ¼ C manchego cheese, cubed
- ¼ C quinoa, cooked
- 3 T dried cranberries, chopped
- 4 T Marcona almonds, cut into small pieces
- 4 pitted medjool dates, cut into small pieces
- 4 T of champagne vinaigrette (see below)
- ¼ C jicama, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 T dijon Mustard
- 1/4 C champagne vinega• 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 T honey
- 2 or 3 dashes hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 C extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk together the garlic, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, hot sauce, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil until the dressing is emulsified.
- Alternatively, you can combine all the ingredients in a blender or a food processor and purée until smooth.
- Toss all salad ingredients together.
- Add dressing and toss.