Lately I have found that I have been using Argan Oil a lot. I love to de-clutter my cabinets and have one product to use for all my moisturizing needs.
I love this stuff and it is very effective when used correctly.
(ONLY USE A FEW DROPS)
Argan oil comes from the nut of the Argan tree which only grows in Morroco. It is hand picked and minimally processed. The work to create the oil is Fair Trade and the Argan Forest is protected and sustainable.
Make sure you buy pure Argan Oil without a ton of other ingredients. I bought this bottle at Whole Foods. When purchasing make sure it comes in a dark bottle, which preserves the oil, and it’s healing properties.
Here are a few ways to use organic Argan oil in your daily life:
1. Face & Body Moisturizer – After cleansing, massage a few drops of argan oil into the palms of your hands and then apply to your body, face and neck. Since argan is considered a dry oil, it absorbs quickly and is not greasy.
2. Face Mask – Add a few drops of argan oil to your store-bought mask. Alternatively, make your own mask by mixing 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 3 teaspoons of Greek-style yogurt, some avocado, 1 tablespoon of honey and 3 drops of argan oil in a bowl. Apply on a clean, dry face and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
3. Lip Scrub and Moisturizer – To smooth, exfoliate, and moisturize your lips, add a few drops of argan oil and vanilla extract to fine brown sugar. Lightly massage into lips using circular motion and rinse off.
4. Leave-on Conditioner – After the shower, while your hair is still wet, add a few drops of argan oil to your hair, ends and scalp to hydrate and moisturize. It’s especially nourishing if your hair is dry from daily use of a blow dryer, straight-iron or curling iron.
5. Hair Styling Shine – When your hair is dry, use as a styling product by adding a few drops of argan oil to the palms of your hand. Rub your hands together and run your fingers through your hair to create shine and tame frizz. You only need a very small amount.
6. Cuticle and Heels – Massage a few drops of argan oil into your cuticles to soften and moisturize. Use as an overnight treatment to nourish cracked heels by working a good amount into your feet and toes. Cover with socks to protect your sheets.