Green Tea with a Little Zing
Green tea is considered one of the world’s healthiest drinks due to high amounts of antioxidants. The natural chemicals called polyphenols give green tea its anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic effects.
This recipe combines the health of green tea and the yummy zing of ginger.
I absolutely love the taste of ginger! Not only does it have a zesty or spicy flavor, but it also has many health benefits. It’s a great reliever of “stomach problems,” such as motion sickness, morning sickness, upset stomach, gas, and nausea. Other great benefits include:
- Reduction of pain and inflammation, especially for arthritis, headaches, and menstrual cramps
- Prevention of colds
- Inhibitor of certain bacteria, such as Salmonella
- Reduction of intestinal spasms
- Possible prevention of stomach ulcers caused by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as aspirin and ibuprofen
Try this recipe and let us know what you think below in the comments section.
- 8 green tea bags
- 3 inches ginger root, peeled
- Juice of 5 limes
- 32 ounces of water for boiling
- Additional water to taste
- Stevia liquid (if desired)
- Boil 32 ounces of water in a pot.
- Pour 1/2 of the water into a Vitamix with the ginger and blend for 20 seconds.
- Add the ginger water back to the pot and steep the green tea bags for 15 minutes.
- In a 64-oz container, combine the steeped green tea and lime juice.
- Add additional water if needed to your taste.
- Pour over ice and sweeten with Stevia (if desired).