Whenever you are craving the saltiness of chips or popcorn, substitute this snack in for more nutrition. And if you have kids, they will love them, too.
Use fresh kale. I prefer the curly version, but any will work. Remember to remove the thick stems and ribs and make all of the pieces uniform in size for better roasting. The key is to dry the kale out completely after washing and only lightly coat with olive oil.
- 1 bunch of kale, washed, completely dried, ribs and stems removed, and torn into pieces
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Turmeric (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly coat the kale with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Separate out on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 4 minutes.
- Then turn pieces over or shake baking sheet and bake for an additional 4 minutes.
- The edges should be slightly brown but not burned.
- If the pieces are flimsy, then bake for 1-2 more minutes, watching closely.
- Season with sea salt and pepper as needed.
- Optional, sprinkle with turmeric for color and added anti-inflammatory benefits.