Salmon-Potato Cakes with Dill Tartar Sauce
Six small unpeeled red potatoes
2 Cups cooked Salmon
One half onion chopped
2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill
1/2 teaspoon cajun or creole seasoning
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon plain yogurt or sour cream
Two tbsp. mustard
1 tablespoon chopped dill pickle
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Crystal Hot Sauce (optional)
- Cook salmon and set aside.
- Place potatoes in about 2 cups of water in medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain. Mashed potatoes with a fork, leaving a chunky texture.
- Combine mashed potatoes, salmon, Onion, two eggs, 1-2 tablespoon dill, 1 tbsp mustard, seasoning mix and dash of hot sauce in medium bowl.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F. Gently shaped salmon mixture into patties. Flatten slightly. Cook 8-10 min. Or until browned and heated through. Turn the patties halfway through cooking time.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, remaining mustard, remaining tablespoon of dill, chopped pickle, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Mix. Serve this sauce on top of the cakes and add a little hot sauce if you like.