For a quick and easy delicious lunch, try this smoked salmon salad full of omega-3 fatty acids, minerals and vitamins.
- 1 ½ lbs butternut squash, peeled and diced into ¾ inch pieces
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¾ C fresh apple juice
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp mustard
- ½ C walnut halves, toasted
- ¾ C grated goat cheese, optional
- 1 bag baby arugula, washed
- Peel and dice the butternut squash.
- Place on a parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Add the maple syrup and 2 T olive oil.
- Toss and roast, turning once, for approximately 20 minutes, until browned and tender.
- While the squash is roasting, combine the apple juice and apple cider vinegar in a small sauce pan and cook over medium heat for 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the mustard, ½ cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- In a large salad bowl, add the warm roasted squash mixture, walnuts, apple mixture, and grated goat cheese to your favorite salad greens.
- Serve and enjoy.
This is a traditional smoked salmon, red onion and caper recipe, however you can put any chopped vegetables in that you like.