Sometimes you may not be in the mood for eggs, a smoothie, oatmeal, etc. When that happens to me, I love to change it up and have smoked salmon for breakfast – especially if I had a hard workout or have a big day ahead of me. You will start your day off with protein, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Perfect!
- 2 oz wild smoked salmon (1/2 of a 4-oz package)
- 3-4 slivers red onion
- 1/2 small ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 slice Ezekiel sprouted bread or Dave's Killer Bread
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Place the bread in the toaster.
- Once toasted, spread the smoked salmon on the toast., then the onion and avocado.
- Season with sea salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.