Nothing is better than a ripe juicy tomato in the summertime. And because it’s hot and nobody wants to slave over a hot stove or heat up the kitchen more by using the oven, this is an easy recipe that takes little prep and no cooking. Fresh basil and fresh, ripe tomatoes will make this taste amazing with some sea salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic.
- 1 package organic cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 container small mozzarella balls, quartered
- Fresh basil leaves, thinly cut into strips
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.